Whether you grew up in a cabin, adopted one as you got older or relish the lifestyle that comes with cabin living, you can be a Cabin Mama too!
You’ll know you’re a Cabin Mama too if you…
- relish living in the woods,
- enjoy wood smoke and campfire smells on your clothes,
- have a love/hate relationship with squirrels,
- love the looks of knotty pine,
- use pine cone fire starters,
- jealously guard your stacks of firewood,
- can cook over an open fire,
- love the smell of bacon and hash,
- collect old wool army blankets,
- have used kerosene lamps,
- love wildflower bouquets and wild strawberries,
- frequently engage in sing-a-longs,
- savor coffee on the deck or porch,
- trade plants with neighbors,
- host hunting parties and camp reunions,
- collect old hats and coats people left behind,
- have been known to use an outhouse,
- pump water at the well,
- enjoy the iris and daffodils Gramma planted,
- can skip makeup altogether,
- get up early to see deer in the front grove,
- are used to living with a wide variety of indoor insects,
- love the scent of pine trees.
Yes, we’re all Cabin Mama’s at heart. I wish you many years of loving and living and making memories in your charming abode!
I’d love to hear what you love about cabins, the woods and being a Cabin Mama too.
Please send me a note so we can add to this list.